Indonesian Education Scholarship for Specialty Program (BPIDS) is a scholarship program funded by the Indonesian government through the utilization of the National Education Development Fund (DPPN) and managed by LPDP for financing post-graduate studies on specialty programs at universities in the country.
This scholarship aims to support the availability of educated and qualified Indonesian human resources that possess strong leadership quality and a vision of a strong nation’s future as Indonesian future leader. LPDP’s commitment is realized through the provision of funding assistance in the form of scholarships to the community for further study on medical specialty program in leading universities in the country which satisfy LPDP qualifications.
The target of Indonesian Education Scholarship for Specialty Program is Indonesian Citizens with excellent academic achievement and strong leadership quality who wish to continue pursuing studies on medical specialty program at LPDP designated higher education institutions.
The disciplines aimed for by Scholarship for Specialty Program in accordance to the priority are as follow:
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist,
- Pediatric Specialist,
- Internal Medicine Specialists,
- Anesthesiology Specialist,
- Surgical Specialist,
- Radiology Specialist,
- Clinical Pathology,
- Medical Rehabilitation.
Requirements for applicant of Indonesian Education Scholarship for Specialty Program are described in the following general and specific terms and conditions:
Scholarship applicants for further studies in medical specialty education program are those who meet the following requirements:
- Indonesian citizen (WNI);
- Graduated from an undergraduate program and a doctor by profession from:
- Higher Education institutions in the country that have been accredited by the National Accreditation Board of Higher Education (BAN-PT), or
- Overseas universities registered at the Directorate General of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Doctors who have a Registration Certificate (STR) issued by KKI,
- Possessing a character of leadership, professionalism, nationalism, patriotism and integrity,
- Having high self-confidence, persistence, independence, maturity in managing emotions, and adaptability,
- Participating in social/scientific/innovative/creative/cultural activities,
- Willing to sign a letter of declaration stating that the Applicant is:
- Willing to return to Indonesia after the completion of the study,
- Not currently receiving/going to receive scholarships from other schemes,
- Not involving in activities/actions that violate the law, or following organizations that are in conflict with the state ideology of Pancasila,
- Never engaging/going to engage in activities/actions that violate the Academic code of conduct,
- Always devoted to the interests of the Indonesian nation,
- Always loyal to the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia,
- Able to meet the stipulations of the scholarship set by LPDP,
- Willing to serve in 3T areas or those with other certain characteristics within an equal duration to the period of study if required by the government, based on the placement permit recommended by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia,
- Presenting valid data and documents, as per the original documents and willing to accept the applicable legal sanctions if the document is not valid.
- Having obtained permission from superiors for those currently in service,
- Healthy and drug-free as verified by a Certificate issued by a doctor from General Hospital/Community Health Center/Government Clinic which shall be valid within the latest 6 (six) months since the closing of each registration period.
- Having received recommendations from community leaders for those who have no working experience/ are not currently in service, or recommendations from superiors for those in service,
- Choosing courses and universities in accordance with LPDP stipulations,
- Writing essays (500 to 700 words) on the themes: My Contribution to Indonesia: My past, present and future contributions to my community/institution/agency/community profession” and “The Biggest Success in My Life”,
- Should there be a falsification of data or documents then the applicant is declared failed and not entitled to apply for LPDP,
- Submitting a Letter of Good Behavior/Police Record (SKCK) brought during selection interview,
- Willing to serve in 3T areas or areas with other certain characteristics with equal duration to the study period if required by the government, based on the placement permit recommended by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia.
Specific Requirements for Applicants are as follows:
- Having a maximum age of 35 (thirty five) years by December 31 in the year of registration,
- Having completed the study on an undergraduate/applied undergraduate program and not applied to those who have completed master’s programs either at home or abroad,
- Having a grade point average (GPA) from the previous level of study that is a combined GPA of undergraduate and Profession programsunder the following conditions:
- At least 3.0 on a scale of 4 or equivalent for those who have not already had Unconditional LoA.
- Those with a GPA of less than 3.0 can register if there is an Unconditional LoA.
- LPDP prioritizes applicants with a GPA above 3.0.
- Having an official document of proof of English language proficiency published by ETS (www.ets.org) or IELTS (www.ielts.org) or other foreign languages specified by LPDP.
- Applicants of a Specialty Program in the country must have an official document of proof of English language proficiency as referred to in number (10) with a score of at least:
- TOEFL ITP® 475/iBT® 57/IELTS™ 5.5/TOEIC® 600 for applicants with an Unconditional LoA;
- TOEFL ITP® 500/iBT® 61/IELTS™ 6.0/TOEIC® 650 for applicants with no Unconditional LoA
- Applicants who have completed the study at foreign universities by using the language of instruction recognized by the United Nations (UN) are exempted from the requirements as meant in point e, as proven by a copy of the diploma with validity period of 2 ( two) years since the certificate was issued.
- Writing a study plan and a specialist field proposed.
- Able to complete the study in medical specialty program according to the study period specified by the collegium of each field of specialty.
Components of Funding
To support the running and success of further studies in the specialty education program, the education fund covers the following components:
- Registration (at cost),
- Tuition Fee: Education Operational Assistance, activities in teaching hospital, compulsory trainings, scientific papers, skill examination, and clinical lab work (at cost),
- Non-Tuition Fee: book allowance (per year), thesis/dissertation (package), seminar (package), publication (at cost), graduation (at cost) and national exam (package).
- Transportation for departure and return of study from the origin of domicile to higher education institution destination (once, at cost),
- Basic health insurance,
- Monthly living cost/living allowance (package),
- Family (dependent) allowance for a maximum of two members (package),
- Arrival/settlement allowance (package),
- Emergency/force majeure approved by LPDP
Targeted Higher Education/Program Operator
Provisions of Public Universities and Intended Study Program in Indonesia for the Medical Specialty Scholarship are those with Accreditation A for both the Public Universities and the Specialty Program.
Time of Registration and Selection Process
BPI Registration for Medical Specialty Program is as follows:
The 2017 BPI registration is intended for applicants planning to start the study for the academic year of 2018.
|Higher Education Destination||Activity||Schedule|
|Domestic||Closing Registration||April 3, 2017|
|Announcement of Document Administration Selection Results||April 17, 2017|
|Online Assessment Selection||April 19 – 20, 2017|
|Announcement of Online Assessment Selection Results||May 5, 2017|
|Substance Selection||May 15 – June 9, 2017|
|Announcement of Substance Selection Result||June 19, 2017|
Registration is conducted online by filling out a registration form and uploading all required documents on LPDP official website at www.beasiswa.lpdp.kemenkeu.go.id
The selection stages of BPI are as follows:
- Applicants fill out the online registration form on LPDP official page;
- Applicants complete all required documents as well as supporting documents, and upload them on LPDP official page;
- All the documents on the above point must be presented during substance selection stage upon passing the administrative selection.
- Administrative Selection
Applicants processed in this stage are those who have completed their registration and submit their data through online registration in each selection period. This selection is the process of examining the completeness of applicants’ data and documents according to the requirements set by LPDP.
- On line Assessment Selection
Applicants who pass administrative selection through online registration are entitled to follow online Assessment selection.
- Interview Selection, Leaderless Group Discussion (LGD) and On the Spot Essay Writing
- Applicants who pass the online Assessment selection are entitled to follow Substance selection which consists of interviews, Leaderless Group Discussion (LGD), and On the Spot Essay Writing.
- In this stage of selection process, applicants are required to bring all data and original documents used for BPI scholarship registration. Failure to submit the data and documents and/or the documents and data are not in accordance with the requirements set by LPDP denies the participants opportunity to join the Interview Selection, Leaderless Group Discussion (LGD) and On the Spot Essay Writing.
- Applicants who do not pass the substance selection of the Indonesian Education Scholarship can re-register under the following conditions:
- If applicant has not passed the substance selection 1 (one) time, then there are still 2 (two) more chances to follow the substance selection,
- If applicant has not passed the substance selection 2 (two) times, then there are still 1 (one) more chance to follow the substance selection,
- If applicant has not passed the substance selection 3 (three) times, then the participant may not reapply for the Indonesian Education Scholarship.
- Announcement of Scholarship Recipients
- The result of interview selection, Leaderless Group Discussion (LGD) and On the Spot Essay Writingof The Indonesian Education Scholarship is announced to successful applicants through the applicants account on online registration, email or other electronic media according to the time determined by LPDP.
- Successful participants become scholarship recipients and are able to follow the Departure preparation (PK) program before starting their study in their respective higher education destination. The program is a special quarantine in the form of cultivating the values of nationalism, leadership, basic life training, financial literacy, and so forth.
- Unconditional university admission letter (Unconditional LoA) must be obtained no later than 1 (one) year after the issuance of the decree of the President Director of LPDP on the Recipients of Indonesian Education Scholarship. If within that time period the scholarship recipients cannot fulfil it, then it is declared fail.
Sanctions are given to the recipients of the Indonesian Education Scholarship for Specialty Program if they conduct an offense as follows:
- The scholarship recipients are later proven ineligible for an LPDP scholarship,
- The scholarship recipients are later proven to falsify documents,
- The scholarship recipients do not report the progress of their study or do not accomplish any reasonable results within the stipulated time,
- The scholarship recipients resign during the study period,
- The scholarship recipients are sentenced to either civil or criminal penalties for violating the law in destination countries,
- The scholarship recipients are proven to receive scholarship funds from other source of funding at the same time,
- The scholarship recipients are found to conduct research plagiarism,
- The scholarship recipients are proven to follow activities or organizations that are in conflict with Pancasila and endanger NKRI,
- The scholarship recipients have completed the study but refuse to return and serve for Indonesia upon obtaining employment abroad without the permission of LPDP.